Powered By Blogger

My Blog

One new concept a day (at the least). One new thing to explore in the exciting world of Computer Science each day. That's the Programmer in Training promise :P

Code and learn, boys. Code and learn.

Search This Blog

Thursday 27 November 2014

A Resolution

So I've been doing some thinking...

My 19th birthday arrived on the 16th of this month. I didn't really celebrate or anything, for good reasons. My 3rd semester examinations were coming up on the 19th of the same month (there were 3 days to go) and so I was kinda trying to catch up on all the stuff I had yet to study, which was pretty much all of it. So the day went by (I didn't really manage much, but meh) and I did nothing birthday-ish. But I got thinking, I've got a shit-ton of stuff left to study. Plus, the whole semester, I had done pretty much nothing of which I had thought I would learn, so all in all it was not much of a productive semester.

And I intended to change that. So, from this day on (my exams ended yesterday), I propose a resolution, so hear me out:

Every single day, I am going to learn ONE new concept relating to Computer Science.

That's it. Every day, one concept. Sounds simple? Now according to me, one concept is whatever I feel like. It's gonna be something modular, something complete in itself. For example, I could learn Insertion in Red-Black Trees as a concept. I could learn Fundamentals of Dynamic Programming as a concept. I could learn something large and complex, or I could learn something small and simple. The only thing is, whatever I learn, it will satisfy my need to learn for that day, and it will allow me to sleep with a sense of accomplishment :D

Also, a small add-on to that resolution:

Every thing I learn, I am gonna blog right here.

Yep, you heard that right. I am finally gonna stick to the title of this blog, and try to act like a Programmer In Training, so Imma go out there, and punch some keys on ma keyboard (which is KICK-ASS, by the way; I'd recommend it to all those living in India), and Imma get ma lazy ass to get shit done, 'cuz this blog ain't updated in a long-ass time.

First few posts are gonna come up today containing all the good stuff I've learnt this semester. So God help me if there are less than 365 posts here by the end of one year, because I'm gonna do what it takes to start sharing again. I realize that I am kinda dormant when it comes to sharing things, and I see why that should not be the case. After all, the more I share, the more I gain.

PS: Because my interests in computers, algorithms and programming are varied, and because I get bored as shit easily, posts are NOT necessarily gonna be sequential. However, I will try to make your life easier by tagging posts and appropriately naming titles so that you can use that little search bar to the fullest and find what you are looking for.

Aaand PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment